In Virginia, the circumstances that justify a change in treating physician are as follows:
- Inadequate treatment is being rendered;
- Specialized treatment is needed and is not being provided;
- A lack of progress or improvement of the claimant's condition without any adequate explanation is shown;
- Conventional modalities are not being used;
- No plan of treatment for a long-term disability is established; and
- The treating physician fails to cooperate with discovery proceedings ordered by the Commission.