Megan is an associate with the litigation practice group. She has experience drafting and arguing motions in state and federal court.
Megan previously worked for the Office of the Attorney General, where she interacted daily with members of various agencies to prepare discovery responses and prepare witnesses for depositions and trial.
As a Civil Division – General Trial Unit Postgraduate Fellow, Megan acted as second-chair in a negligence case representing Virginia Department of Transportation in Circuit Court and assisted with a Section 1983 federal court case brought against Virginia State Police.
Megan represented the Department of Corrections, Virginia State Police, Department of Transportation, and has defended Title IX claims against state universities. She has experience with the unique issues that come with representing the Commonwealth, including managing publicity that often comes along with cases involving the Commonwealth.
While earning her law degree from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary, Megan held internships at the William & Mary Elder and Disability Law Clinic and the Legal Aid Society of Eastern Virginia.
- Successfully defended a declaratory judgment action in Fairfax County Circuit Court on behalf of automobile insurance company where plaintiff sought to stack underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage.
- Drafted and successfully argued a Demurrer in Charles City County Circuit Court where plaintiff brought an unsupported negligence per se claim against Defendant. The Demurrer was granted with prejudice.
- Successfully defended an automobile property damage case in Lynchburg County and won on liability argument.
- Successfully drafted and argued a Demurrer and Plea in Bar in Chesterfield County Circuit Court and had case against Commonwealth dismissed with prejudice.
- Successfully argued a demurrer and plea on the statute of limitations in Chesterfield Circuit Court before Judge Frederick Rockwell III and had the suit against the Commonwealth dismissed with prejudice.
- Virginia Business Magazine, Legal Elite, Young Lawyer, since 2020
- Inductee of The Order of Barristers, 2018
- Recipient of Virginia Trial Lawyers Award (presented by the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association), 2018
- William & Mary Trial Team | 2018 Regional Champion, ABA Labor & Employment Trial Advocacy Competition
- William & Mary Trial Team | 2017 National Champion, ABA Labor & Employment Trial Advocacy Competition
- William & Mary Trial Team | 2017 - 2018 Executive Board Member
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Women's Bar Association