Jim is a trial lawyer and a Director in the Litigation Practice Group. He represents insureds, insurance carriers and self-insured entities, focusing on automobile and truck accidents, slip/trip and fall claims, and product liability lawsuits.
Having tried dozens of jury trials to verdict, Jim’s passion is the courtroom. From pre-suit investigation, through discovery and expert preparation, to trial, Jim is driven to achieve the best result for his clients.
Mindful that the best result is dependent on the facts and the client’s goals, whether it be settlement or dismissal, Jim works with his clients to formulate a plan and executes it to facilitate the most favorable outcome.
- Defense verdict in million dollar lawsuit against trucking company and its driver for allegedly failing to keep a proper lookout resulting in catastrophic personal injury
- Verdict of less than one-half last pre-trial offer in alleged brain injury case brought by passenger on motorcycle against driver of turning vehicle
- Defense verdict in seventeen minutes in suit alleging employer’s vicarious liability for alleged victim of co-worker assault
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Virginia Business Legal Elite
- Super Lawyers
- 2012 Rising Star®
- 2011 Rising Star®
- 2008 Rising Star®
- Best Lawyers®
- First year recognized in Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, since 2021
- First year recognized in Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, since 2021
Professional and Community Involvement
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- University of Richmond School of Law, Adjunct Assistant Professor: First Year Legal Writing Instructor, 2004-2011
- Glen Allen Youth Athletic Association, Youth Basketball Coach