Amanda serves as the Chair of the workers’ compensation practice group. Amanda represents employers and carriers in the defense of workers’ compensation claims, handling matters through all levels of the litigation process. Amanda regularly appears before the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission and the Virginia Court of Appeals.
Amanda has extensive experience in defending injuries by accident, disease claims, and psychological claims. Amanda has also been an oft-consulted source for issues involving COVID-19.
In addition to litigating contested claims, Amanda regularly facilitates settlements/file closures and participates in mediation when appropriate. Amanda advises her clients on defense strategies of existing claims, and providers her clients with useful strategies for the prevention of workplace injuries.
Amanda has been recognized as a leader in her field by several publications and is often asked to lecture on advanced topics in workers’ compensation. She has served as both the Chair and Vice Chair of the workers’ compensation section of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, and currently serves on the Executive Committee for the Virginia Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court.
- Best Lawyers®
- ‘‘Lawyer of the Year’’, Workers’ Compensation - Employers, 2023
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, since 2021
- Super Lawyers®
- Virginia Super Lawyer, Workers’ Compensation, 2022
- Virginia Rising Star, Workers' Compensation, 2016-2021
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, Leader in the Law, 2023
- Public Service Fellowship recipient, William & Mary School of Law
- Editor, William and Mary Environmental Law & Policy Review
Professional and Community Involvement
- VSB | Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court
- Executive Committee (2020 - present)
- VADA | Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Section (2016-17)
- Vice-Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Section (2015-16)
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court