Amanda is a director in the Litigation Practice Group. Her practice is primarily focused on advising employers and insurance carriers on the defense and resolution of workers’ compensation claims.
Amanda handles all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation, including discovery, hearings, settlement, appeal, and mediation. Amanda regularly represents employers and carriers before the Workers’ Compensation Commission and before the Virginia Court of Appeals. Amanda provides guidance on advanced matters such as liens and subrogation, child support, and Medicare, and regularly facilitates settlement of matters that involve such concerns. In addition to advising clients on the defense of potential claims, Amanda also counsels employers on strategies for the prevention of workplace accidents.
Amanda frequently lectures on advanced topics in Virginia workers’ compensation. She has served as both the Chair and Vice Chair of the workers’ compensation section of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys and has been repeatedly named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
- 2017 Virginia Rising Star, Workers’ Compensation, Super Lawyers
- 2016 Virginia Rising Star, Workers’ Compensation, Super Lawyers
- Public Service Fellowship recipient, William & Mary School of Law
- Editor, William and Mary Environmental Law & Policy Review
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Chair of the Workers' Compensation Section ('16-‘17)
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Vice-Chair of the Workers' Compensation Section ('15-'16)
- Virginia Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court
- Advanced Workers’ Compensation, NBI CLE, instructor (2017)
- “Ethics Issues in Discovery,” Virginia Workers’ Compensation American Inn of Court conference, panelist (2017)
- Workers’ Compensation Law and Practice, SES CLE, instructor
- The Evolution of the Termination-for-Cause Defense in Virginia Workers’ Compensation Claims, 28 J. of Civ.Litig. 375 (2016)
- "Willful Misconduct: Intentional Violation of the Rule vs. Intentional Act that Violated the Rule," Sterling Education blog, July 2014
- "Taking an Effective Recorded Statement," webinar, presenter (2014)
- Advanced Workers' Compensation, Sterling Education, Instructor/Staff (2014)
- Medicare Set Asides: Navigating the Red Tape
- Webfile and EDI for Adjusters