D. Cameron Beck, Jr. (“Cam”) serves as a Director of the firm. He devotes his practice to civil litigation with a focus on trucking defense, retail and products liability, and commercial disputes. He also has experience in numerous construction matters. His extensive jury trial experience includes over sixty jury trials throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, in both state and federal court. In addition to his jury trial experience, he has successfully represented clients in various forms of alternative dispute resolution. He is a member of the Virginia Bar and has extensive jury trial experience in state and federal courts throughout Virginia. He is a member of the Defense Research Institute, and Richmond Bar Association.
Cam recently lead the litigation team defending the Commonwealth from eminent domain claims and a constitutional challenge in which the Plaintiffs sought both damages and an injunction to allow uranium mining.
Cam served as President of the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys (VADA) from 2017 - 2018. He is Chair Emeritus of ALFA International’s Transportation Practice Group and a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA).
Cam has an AV Preeminent ranking by Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Beck has been named a Virginia Super Lawyer for the past ten years and recognized by Benchmark Litigation for the past several years.
Cam is a graduate of the College of William and Mary and the Washington and Lee School of Law. Following graduation, he clerked for The Honorable James W. Benton, Jr. of the Virginia Court of Appeals.
- Chambers & Partners USA
- Litigation: General Commercial - Virginia, since 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent®
- Virginia Super Lawyers
- Transportation, since 2007
- Best Lawyers®
- Commercial Litigation, since 2013
- Personal Injury Litigation- Defendants, since 2013
- Benchmark Litigation
- Local Litigation Star: Commercial; Product Liability & Recall, since 2018
- Virginia Business Legal Elite
- Civil Litigation, since 2018
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Past President
- ALFA International, Transportation Group, Chair Emeritus
- Defense Research Institute, Trucking Law Committee
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Richmond Bar Association
- Removal and the Bad Faith Exception, VADA, May 2015
- Traumatic Brain Injury Claims: Use of Neuropsychological Experts, ALFA International, May 2015
- Head Cases: Defending Invisible Injuries, ALFA Transportation Seminar, April 2014
- VADA Deposition Workshop: Preparing your Corporate Designee for a Deposition, December 2013
- Handling the Early Stages of a Significant Truck Collision Case, VADA, May 2012
- Passing on the Liability and Defeating Negligence Claims, American Conference Institute: Premier Forum on Defending and Managing Trucking Litigation, March 2011
- ADA Considerations in Transit Claims, Virginia Transit Association (webinar), February 2011
- Premises Liability: Practical Applications of Virginia Supreme Court Cases, VADA, October 2010
- Daubert Challenges and Federal Court Cross-Examination, ALFA International Transportation Seminar, April 2010
- Rules of the Road, BusRide Magazine, 2007
- Virginia Uranium, Inc., et al. v. Commonwealth of Virginia, et al., CL15-623 (Wise Co., July 30, 2020)
- Lee v. City of Richmond, 647 F. Appx. 275 (4th Cir. 2016)
- Shelby Ins. Co. v. Kozak, 255 Va. 411, 497 S.E.2d 864 (1998)
- Dandridge v. Marshall, 267 Va. 591, 594 S.E.2d 578 (2004) (Defense verdict at second trial)