Lawrence ("Lex") A. Dunn has represented parties in a wide range of civil litigation matters including products liability; life, health, and disability matters; construction matters; trucking claims, insurance agent-broker liability, premise and retail liability, community association liability, and other professional liability matters. His experience also includes providing insurance coverage opinions, mediation, binding arbitration and inter-company insurance procedures. Lex has extensive jury trial experience in both Virginia state courts and federal courts.
Born in Norfolk, Virginia, Lex he received his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Virginia and earned his law degree from the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary. Following law school, Lex served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Bernard G. Barrow of the Virginia Court of Appeals. Before joining Morris & Morris, P.C., Lex was a partner with a Norfolk, Virginia-based law firm specializing in insurance defense.
Lex has written and spoken extensively on legal topics before a variety of organizations, including:
- “Update on Recent Decisions by the Virginia Supreme Court” for the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys;
- “The Definitive Guide to Settling Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims in Virginia” for the National Business Institute;
- “The Science and Art of Allocating Insurance Coverage: The ‘Other Insurance’ Provision and Indemnity Agreements” for the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, and;
- “ALFA International Life, Accident and Health Insurance Claims Law Compendium” in the 2007 edition and Legal Ethics for In-House Counsel. Mr. Dunn has also been certified by the State of Florida, as an instructor for CE courses for insurance adjusters.
Lex currently serves on the Virginia State Bar Special Committee on Lawyer Malpractice Insurance, and as a parish council member for the Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Cathedral.
- Virginia Super Lawyers 2010-2017
- Virginia Business Legal Elite – Civil Litigation – 2017
- Benchmark Litigation Star for Virginia – 2016, 2017
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Steering Committee Member of ALFA International Insurance and Health, Accident, and Life practice group since 2004
- Council on Litigation Management
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel