Sarah is an Associate in the Litigation Practice Group. Her practice is primarily focused on Civil Litigation. Sarah also has experience with Media Law and policy, tax law, and the international trade of health products.
Sarah earned her J.D. at the American University Washington College of Law, where she honed her writing skills as the Senior Technology Editor for the Administrative Law Review. Her work can be heard on the podcast ‘‘A Hard Look,’’ from the American Bar Association’s section on Administrative Law. Sarah gained appellate experience writing multiple, prevailing briefs for the Virginia Court of Appeals during an internship with the Spotsylvania Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office. Sarah interned with National Public Radio where she assisted with governance matters and FCC regulatory compliance.
Prior to going to law school, Sarah was a volunteer member of the RHART Team for Safe Harbor, a local shelter for victims of human trafficking and domestic violence.
Recent Outcomes & Experience:
- Obtained a defense verdict in a general district court matter for rental vehicle reimbursement following automobile property damage.
- Drafted successful motion to dismiss in the Eastern District of Virginia on behalf of a university facing claims of multiple counts of discrimination claims.
- Drafted successful demurrer to negligence, gross negligence, willful and wanton negligence, negligent hiring and retention, and respondeat superior claims based on failure to state a claim and that workers’ compensation statute barred claim.
- Drafted and argued a successful Motion to Consolidate three individual cases and claims into one trial, and Motion to Quash Deposition Subpoenas.
- Draft and published “Getting Creative: Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives are Mental Health & Wellness Initiatives” for the Virginia State Bar’s Diversity Newsletter, Invictus.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- VSB | Virginia State Bar
- VADA | Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Coordinated & planned the 2023 annual conference
- Safe Harbor, Regional Hospital Accompaniment Response Team (RHART)
- American University Washington College of Law’s Health Law & Policy Brief, Senior Staff & Contributor, past
- American University Washington College of Law’s Administrative Law Review (ALR)
- Senior Technology Editor, past
- Chair, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, past