Mike was born in Hartford, Connecticut. He earned an undergraduate degree in history from Vanderbilt University in 1990. He earned his law degree from Tulane Law School in 1995, graduating Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif. While in law school, he was a Justice of the Moot Court Board, and was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award and Corpus Juris Secundum Award. He was a member of Phi Delta Phi.
Mike was an ardent advocate who devoted his practice to civil litigation including commercial litigation, products liability defense, tort defense, professional liability defense, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, representation of local governments and constitutional officers, appeals, employment law, representation of financial institutions, and the defense of consumer credit matters. He maintained an active trial practice throughout the Commonwealth, including cases heard before the Supreme Court of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of Louisiana.
Mike was rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell and selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers in 2010 - 2012 (civil litigation defense) and The Best Lawyers in America in 2011 - 2018 (personal injury litigation and products liability).
Mike and his wife, Virginia, have three sons. He enjoyed activities with his sons, reading, and running in his spare time.
- Tulane Law School, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1995
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1990
- Virginia Business Legal Elite - Administrative/Government, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation- Defendants, 2011-2020 and Product Liability Litigation- Defendants, 2018 - 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Super Lawyers for Civil Litigation- Defense, 2010 - 2020
Professional and Community Involvement
- Richmond Bar Association (RBA)
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys (VADA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- ALFA International, Product Liability & Complex Tort, Steering Committee Member