Sean is an Associate in the Litigation Practice Group. His practice is primarily focused on Civil Litigation. Sean has experience with public policy, public utility regulations, environmental policy, governmental recordkeeping, and FOIA requests.
Sean joined McCandlish Holton from the Virginia State Corporation Commission, Office of the General Counsel, Division of Public Utility Regulation, Utility and Railroad Safety, and Utility Accounting and Finance where he conducted formal hearings before the Commission. Sean also served as a Senior Legislative Intern in the Office of Virginia State Senator Jennifer McClellan, where he managed inmate clemency, pardon petitions, and ‘‘Fishback’’ eligible cases. He gained extensive experience researching jury sentencing in Virginia as a law student at the University of Richmond School of Law, which led to addressing the Virginia Association of Commonwealth Attorneys on the topic. During law school, Sean worked with the Virginia Poverty Law Center on housing issues that led to the Preserving the American Dream Act, and interned with the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
Prior to going to law school, Sean served in the Unites States Army and was awarded with several recognitions. Sean lives in Richmond with his wife, making the most of the river city lifestyle with long hikes and kayaking on the James River.
- Bonner Center for Civic Engagement Collaboration for Change Award, 2021
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (ICYB™)
- Pro Bono Certificate (120+ hrs of pro bono or public interest work), University of Richmond School of Law
- Army Achievement Medal
- Army Good Conduct Medal
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association Law School Council, Vice-President, past
- Student Advisory Board for Professional Identity Formation, Founding Member, past
- Client Counselling & Negotiation Executive Board Interscholastic, Competition Coordinator, past