An experienced trial lawyer with over 20 years of practice, Scott is Chair of both the firm’s Litigation and Workers’ Compensation Practice Groups. He currently serves as Vice President of McCandlish Holton.
Scott handles a wide range of commercial litigation matters, including insurance defense, non-competition agreements, business and commercial disputes, and breach of contracts. Scott also regularly represents employers and carriers before the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission. Scott also serves as general counsel to a number of companies.
Scott has trial experience in state and federal courts. He also has considerable appellate experience arguing matters before the Court of Appeals of Virginia, the Supreme Court of Virginia and the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He is a frequent lecturer on a variety of civil litigation topics.
Scott is active in his community and Bar leadership. He is the former Chair of the Litigation Section of the Virginia State Bar. Scott also serves on the Honors Advisory Council for James Madison University. He is also on the Board for Kid's Chance of Virginia.
- Inside Business, "Top 40 Under 40", 2001
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2007-2008
- Virginia Business, "Legal Elite", Since 2005
- Virginia Super Lawyer, Since 2010
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar, Board of Governors, Litigation Section, 2004-2012
- James Madison University, Honors Advisory Council, 2009-present
- Kid's Chance of Virginia Board Member, 2011-present
- Young Peoples’ Community Choir Board Member, 2003-2014
- Lead Virginia, Class of 2007
- Leadership Metro Richmond, Class of 2005
- SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now) Board Member, 2002-2007