Juliet is an Associate in the Litigation Practice Group.
Her practice is primarily focused on Civil Litigation, specifically, premises liability and personal injury defense.
Before joining McCandlish Holton, Julie was an Assistant Public Defender with the Office of the Public Defender in Richmond, Virginia where she managed a case load of over 100 misdemeanor and felony cases, placing her in General District and Circuit Courts most days of the week.
Julie earned her J.D. at the University of Richmond School of Law, where she was a full merit scholarship recipient and graduated with a Pro Bono Certificate. She served as Assistant Online Editor of the University of Richmond Law Review and President of the Moot Court Board. She is a recipient of a CALI Award in Criminal Procedure.
Julie gained litigation experience during law school working with the University of Richmond Children’s Defense Clinic, as an intern to the Honorable Elizabeth A. McClanahan of the Supreme Court of Virginia, with the Office of the Public Defender in Fredericksburg, Virginia, and with the Office of the Capital Defender in Richmond, Virginia.
- Represents large corporate surety bond issuer in matters brought by Commissioners of Accounts across Eastern Virginia.
- Regularly defends personal injury suits across Eastern Virginia.
- Assisted in defense of Commonwealth against USC Sect. 1983 claim.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Virginia Bar Association | Member
- Richmond City Jail GED Tutor, past