Brian is a director in the firm's Litigation Practice Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of business and commercial litigation, workers’ compensation and products liability. Since entering private practice, Brian has had significant trial experience including appellate experience arguing matters before the Virginia Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Virginia.
As a litigator, Brian has defended automotive manufacturers and dealerships in products liability, breach of warranty and breach of contract matters. In addition, he has experience defending employment matters involving breach of non-compete agreements, and advising employers on reducing workplace injuries and implementing individualized risk management strategies.
Prior to entering private practice, Brian clerked for the Honorable A. Christian Compton, Senior Justice, of the Supreme Court of Virginia. While in law school, he was the recipient of Alexander M. and Rose S. Harman Academic Scholarship. In addition, Brian was the first African American elected President of the Student Bar Association in the 150-year history of the law school. He also served as Class President and chaired a number of committees on behalf of the Dean and the student body. His service and commitment to the University was recognized upon graduation when he received the Calhoun Bond Award, which is given to the student who made the most outstanding contribution to the University.
- Leadership Metro Richmond, Class of 2009
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Commercial Litigation, 2009, 2010, Civil Litigation Defense, 2012
- Virginia Business Legal Elite, Young Lawyer Under 40, 2011
- Virginia Business Legal Elite, Business Law, 2016
Professional and Community Involvement
- Richmond Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section Nominating Committee
- Virginia State Bar Association, Member
- The Hill Tucker Bar Association
- The National Bar Association
- The Defense Research Institute
- The Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- The Youth Life Foundation of Richmond, Chairman of the Board and Member of the Executive Committee