Alana is a business attorney in the firm's Health Care, Business Law and Real Estate Groups. She advises clients on commercial transactions and regulatory matters including contract negotiations, land and business acquisitions, corporate formation, regulated sales (including tissue banking), and commercial leasing and lending.
Alana represents a wide range of companies, professionals, and organizations, including medical practices, biotech companies, local and national retailers, public utilities, and small businesses.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009 - 2014
- Virginia Business Legal Elite, Young Lawyer Under 40, 2011
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar
- Standing Committee on Professionalism, 2009-2014
- Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course, Faculty, 2012-2015
- Disciplinary Committee, Third District, Section II, Vice-Chair, 2010-2015
- Virginia Bar Association, member
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Central Virginia Chapter, Board Member
- The Diabetes Support Group, Co-Founder www.TheDiabetesSupportGroup.org
- FDA to Monitor ClinicalTrials.gov Compliance, American Health Lawyers Association Member Alert, co-authored with Amanda Kutz, 2012
- When Tenants Default: How to Avoid Common Mistakes and Maximize Landlord’s Recovery, Client Seminar, April 2009